Situations and states are like places. A pleasant/happy situation is safe, like your home, and a bad situation is like an unpleasant or dangerous place. 情形与状态就像地方(places)一样。好的情形就像家一样,让人感到安全;不好的情形就如同一个让人讨厌或感觉危险的地方。
- We are in a situation where there are no real winners. 我们所处的情形是,根本没有真正的赢家
- In this work, the author is back on familiar territory. 在这部作品里,作者回到了他所熟悉的领域。
- It was time for her to leave the family nest. 是她该离开家庭这个安乐窝的时候了。
- I've felt at home since the moment I started work here. 自我开始在这儿工作起,我就感觉到家一般的温暖。
- He carved out a niche for himself within the company. 他在公司内为自己营造了一方小天地。
- This is right up my street/alley. 这正是我的本行。
- The park is a haven for tired shoppers. 这个公园是疲倦的购物者们的休息处。
- This town has always been a cultural desert. 这个城镇一直都是文化的沙漠。
- That part of the city is nothing but a concrete jungle. 城市的那一区域只不过是一片混凝土丛林。
- He spent many years in the political wilderness. 他在野多年。
- This is a potential minefield for beginners. 这对初学者来说是个潜在的雷区。
- We have a very rocky road to travel. 我们要走一条崎岖的路。
- I've been caught between a rock and a hard place. 我左右为难。
- We were left high and dry when they withdrew our funding. 他们撤出资金后,我们陷入了困境。
- He's in a tight spot. 他身陷困境。
➡ confused, difficulty, life, problem, strange